Since going AIP, cauliflower has been my new best friend. This cruciferous vegetable is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, loaded with Vitamin C + K, and has even been shown to balance hormones.
Isn’t the word “anti-inflammatory” just so romantic? …Yea, I’ve officially lost it.
Anyway, back to this recipe. These pork meatballs are so yummy, easy to make in a big batch, and so delicious and comforting paired with the mashed cauliflower.
1 lb ground pork
2 tbsp spices
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
Mashed Cauliflower ingredients:
2 heads cauliflower
4 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the pork, spices, vinegar, garlic, and onion – mix with hands in a large bowl.
- Form mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the meatballs bake, roughly chop the cauliflower and steam until fork tender.
- Add steamed cauliflower, coconut oil, garlic and onion powders to a blender (or leave in pot and use an immersion blender).
- Blend cauliflower until a smooth mashed-potato-like consistency forms.
- Serve meatballs over mashed cauliflower and enjoy!