Every night after dinner, I get a familiar craving. The urge to munch on chocolate or a few scoops of ice cream never fails to hit. Eating to heal my body does not always make these late night cravings for sugar easy to deal with which is where these chocolate chip cookies come in!
While they are gluten free, dairy free, and include gut-healing collagen, these should still be eaten in moderation as the sugar content is still high enough to spike blood sugar and interrupt gut healing.
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pink salt
1/3 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 tbsp coconut oil (unmelted)
1 cup Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix oil, egg, and vanilla in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients (besides the chips and nuts)
- The mixture will be dry – add in water until a dough like consistency forms
- Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.