Looking for a cozy, warm egg breakfast packed with veggies? Girl, I got you!!
Shakshuka is a traditional Israeli dish, poached eggs are nestled in a bubbly skillet of stewed tomatoes and among other yummy vegetables. If you are looking for a healthy, spice filled, bubbly egg breakfast, get to cooking up some shakshuka!
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/3 yellow onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
green of choice: spinach, arugula, parsley
- Saute onion, garlic, mushroom in olive oil.
- Add in spices and heat until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Tranfer tomato mixture into over safe dish if skillet is not oven safe.
- Crack eggs on top and place under broiler for 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with greens of choice.